Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday with Tortitude: I hate my leash!

keiko-blog Hi! I'm happy that I'm getting to hog this blog recently! Mummy's finally getting the hang of the graphic thingy and hopes to have a new design up sometime this week. However, she was just squealing as she lost an entire new file by mistake!

Yesterday, I showed you some pics of me eating my favourite pikelets. Pikelets are small pancakes! Mummy makes them with mashed bananas inside and my parents eat it with maple syrup. I just eat it plain! mawhawhaw!

Previously, we posted about how Kenij and Pricilla had made a walk debut. Well, at that time, I didn't have my own harness/leash – I'd given mine away to Kenji because I didn't like it.

But then, for some reason, mummy decided she was going to get me one again – in her irrational state, she thought that I would actually prefer to go outside as a trio with my brother and sister.

She could not be more wrong! Mummy said I have to try my new harness on. The only thing good about it is that it's pink, and it suits me.

P1140746n

There's nothing to smile about.

P1140757n

My brother is coming near – but I'm not aware of this.

 P1140759n P1140761n P1140762n

In my disorientated state, I made a mad dash to get away from mummy. That was a mistake. I didn't know Kenji was behind me!

P1140766n

Get this thing OFF ME!

P1140777n P1140778n

You there, human, help me!

P1140779n

Mummy decided that I needed to be consoled(? or distracted?) with some treats.

P1140785n

I've finished my treats, now take it off.

P1140787n        

Thank goodness.

P1140801n

Well, now I want more treats.

P1140822n P1140823n P1140829n

Give me, give me!

P1140833n P1140836n 

Hmm… catnip…

P1140880n.

I don't know if I like it!

P1140887n

What a day I've had. I would be happy not to go out on a walk. Really. Mummy's saying she'll get me a stroller when we move.

Hope you're having a nice week!!

Purrs, Keiko

26 comments:

  1. Poor Keiko really doesn't like that harness, does she? If you ever contrmplate getting another one, do think about a Puppia. They are a lot more comfortable than most harnesses sold for cats (they are for small dogs but work really well on cats).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a lover of harnesses. They steal all of my bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos tell the story well=Keiko does not look happy in her harness; if you decide to get a stoller, 3 wheels is the best for pushing (we have 2 strollers=a 3 wheel and a 4 wheel stroller, each great for different reasons)...Feel free to email and ask questions before you buy one if you want...Happy day sweet friends...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't blame you for not liking that leash! You still look beautiful in it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keiko, your leash is pretty! I have a Puppia harness, and I love going Outside (even though I hardly ever get to go). You have the same treat-paw action as I do!

    ps: Don't forget to send me your email address so I can add you and Pricilla to the Pink Ladies! I am at daisythecurlycatATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our human says you'd have to have the harness on every day (during the day, not night) until you get used to it. Just put it on, without the leash, and keep it on. As long as it's on properly and you can't get your mouth caught in the neck strap. We don't know what this Puppia harness is, but it sounds intriguing.

    Once you get used to having a harness on, then your mom can attach the leash and let you drag it around the house for as long as it takes for you to get used to that. Then you can try it outside! It can take a while, but it *can* be done.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keiko you certainly know what you want and its most definitely NOT the harness!! We loved the pictures of you in the harness even if you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keiko, my mum bought me a harness too. But she hasn't made me wear it yet. Just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're not smiling. Really. We aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can sure tell that you liked the treats better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a beauty, even when you're upset about your harness....and we don't blame you at all cuz we know we wouldn't like to have one on either!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly do not like that harness. Who could blame you. At least you got treats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They put a harness on me once. Once you understand. I was underwhelmed No going for walks for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know exactly what you mean. I'm still trying to get used to mine. I don't mind too much having it put on and taken outside. But the minute I'm in the house, I start biting mamas to get it off IMMEDIATELY! It takes a while sweetie. Give it a few more tries. I was exactly like you my first time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The things humans do to poor kitties...Alas, you will get to go outside if you can tolerate the thing. Good luck, Sweetness!
    ~Lisa Co9T

    ReplyDelete
  16. So. You are expected to wear a harness AND go on a walk? That's a lot to ask. Wait for the stroller: then you can someone else do the work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keiko
    We don't like anything on us either. All of refuse to wear collars -- Momma has nefur tried a harness, but I think we would revolt, like you did.

    purrs
    >^,,^<
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  18. MOL!!! That was the cutest post! Mom just LOL'd and LOL'd!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, thanks for stopping by, we are glad to meet you! Mommy loves your floor!
    You get used to the harness....Toy, Tinker and Setzer like the harness.....Tinker loves the stroller even more!! We all love the deck the best=^Y^=

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keiko, you are an absolute hoot! I really enjoyed looking at all your funny faces in this post. You definitely know how to get your way, and profit from it in the end -- treats and nip! Good ploy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. eeeewww! Harness = Evil Bone Stealer! We're like Parker, we turn into jellyfish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hate the harness too! But I still like to go outside so my mom just uses a collar and leash. She knows that using a collar isn't the best for cats, but she's careful and I don't try to run away. And I love that I get to go outside!!

    Wally

    ReplyDelete
  23. The harness-es (does that sound right??) are pure evil! Mom's smart enough not to try putting them on us! Our brother Austin used to LOVE having his harness on so that he could go outside, but as soon as Mom put the leash on he would flop around like a fish! Maybe you should do that the next time your Mum puts your harness on!

    We also think you should've gotten WAY more treats for going through that!

    Nico & JayJay :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice work, Keiko! Our cat Sammy did pretty much the same thing when we tried to put a harness on him. He went totally limp and laid flat on the floor until we took it off. MOL. At least you got some treats out of the whole ordeal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Keiko,the pink goes really well on you!!!
    We looked for a lovely harnesses for you!
    http://www.cats-pad.com/product-list/23
    How about these lovely ones?

    But if you really hate that harness,keep saying NO to your mommy till she gives up!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. We followed the link (in yoor comment) to read this post. It took us ages to get used to our harnesses ~ and we love them now. But mom and dad hadta really persevere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting us! Purrrrr purrrrr

Related Posts with Thumbnails