Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pricilla's Gotcha Day!

pri-blog Hiii! Today is my First Gotcha Day!! I am thirteen years old and celebrating my first gotcha day with my forever Mummy and Daddy. I think I had a pretty good life for my first twelve years, but they turned out not to be my forever family… so here I am!

I'm not going to have a big party today, but how about a nip-tea, chicken scones and a happy chat? I just thought I would keep it low key as all my siblings only have one day to celebrate their gotcha birthdays and I'm the only one who knows my birthday.

Here's a bit of my history since arriving at my forever home.

This is the picture of me posted on the RSPCA website:

104344

Here is how I've changed over the last 12 months:

November 2009: First day

P1090539n

December 2009: I've been shaved!

image0754n

January 2010: Learning to chillax

image1115n

Early March (there were none in Feb!) 2010: Sweet face

P1090682n

March 2010: Furs fluffy again

P1090970n

April 2010: Out and about

P1120550n

May 2010: Always love my toys

P1130607n

June 2010: Winter coat growing

P1200440n

July 2010: I'm a settled lady

P1210560n

August 2010: I'm a posing lady

P1220561n

September 2010: We've arrived in Malaysia!

P1230487n

October 2010: Smiley on my birthday

DSC01013n

Mummy says I used to be quite anxious and grumpy with my tail twitching allllll the time, even when laying down – but that's because I had to go to a shelter for 2 months after having a family for 12 years! Mummy says she thinks of me as her princess and she tells me now I'm a sweet kitty with loads of tortitude.

This is my gotcha story (excerpt from Mummy's blog post earlier this year):

Mummy: I make it a habit to look up the RSPCA site (almost) every day, and one day in November ‘09, I saw this pretty little thing who was 12 years old, named Pricilla. My husband (Cat Daddy) was away at the time, and I just could not resist ringing the RSPCA to ask about her, whether she would be ok with our 2-3 yr old Keiko & Kenji, was our place big enough, etc.

I wondered why this beautiful kitty had been given up at such an advanced age, and I really felt that this 12 year old precious girl deserved a nice home. I definitely didn’t want to think about what would happen if we didn’t adopt her, or if nobody adopted her…

So before I even asked my husband, I made an appointment with the RSPCA officer to meet Pricilla on the day my husband would be back, 4 days later. I prayed and prayed that she would be there, but if not, I hoped she would go to a nice home.

---

But I was there on that fateful day!!! purrrr

And you know the other thing?

Some of you spell my name with an 's' – P – R – I – S – C – I – L – L – A - and you would, in fact, be correct. That was the name given to me by my first family.

Mummy accidentally dropped the 's' from Day One so it's stuck at P – R – I – C – I – L – L - A. I think it's changed my luck a bit you know – for the better!

niptea

scones

We have an open house today, drop in and help yourself to some nip-tea and chicken scones and sit down with me for a chat!

 

Purrrrs,

pricilla-signature

42 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day, Pricilla! We love you, and hope you have a wonderful day and year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day sweet Pricilla, that is quite the story and I am so very happy you've finally got your forever forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant gotcha day spread! Have a great one and here is to many happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiest of Gotcha Day wishes to you Pricilla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day, Pricilla!!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Gotcha Day, Pricilla! Wish you a long and prosperous life. purrr....meow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Gotcha Day Pricilla! You're too beautiful to not be loved ^_^ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day Pricilla, thank you for inviting us and sharing your story with us all. What a year you have had too, being adopted AND moving to Malaysia. We think you are a beautiful and wise kitty and we wish you many, many more happy years with your lovely family.

    Mmmmm those Chicken Scones look yummy!

    Whicky Wuudler
    Oliver
    & Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so happy that yoo found yoor forever home. Happy Gotcha day sweet gerl. Purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Gotcha day, Pricilla!!! You were such a lucky kitty to have gained a loving home. We are happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Gotcha Day Pricilla! We hope you enjoy many, many more!!

    The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Gotcha Day, Pricilla!! You've come a long way in the last year!! We hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Gotcha Day, Pricilla! We think you and your Mom and Dad are very lucky to have found each other. You've got a fantastic home!

    Have a great celebration, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Gotcha Day Pricilla! Good things come to those who wait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Gotcha Day, Pricilla! We can't imagine why your first human family gave you up, but luck and fate were with you, sweetheart. We're so glad you have a wonderful *forever* home and know your mum and dad love you very much!

    We'll love to drop by for some nip tea and a chat!

    Big smooches from our mom and kitty kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 1st Gotcha Day, Pricilla! I only met you after you were already gotcha'd, so I thought you had been in your forever home since you were a kitten. Although it wasn't nice to be given up by your first family, you have certainly hit the jackpot now!

    You're such a lovely little ladycat, too, and we wish you all the best.

    Domino will be over to have some nip-tea. She just loves to chat!

    Here's to many more healthy and happy years with your furever family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Gotcha Day Pricilla - we'll come over in a little while for a gossip and a chicken scone or two.
    We are so happy that you have settled into your new home and the big move very well.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Gotcha Day Pricilla! We are so glad you found a 2nd forever home! You are a beautiful senior cat, and we are pleased to learn that you have your 'tortitude'! We know all about that with 2 torts in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The kitty kids and I wish you a Happy or Belated Happy Gotcha Day! Bella Mae knows all about 'tortitude' as she has to deal with Cordelia Joy on a daily basis...and she's a load of Tort!
    Yer a lovely kitteh! I'm glad you have a wonderful home now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Gotcha Day Pricilla! You sure are purrty! We'll hop over for some nip tea and chicken scones and a chat.

    Luf, Us

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Pricilla, we enjoyed your story and are so happy that you found such a loving and safe home!!! Happy Gotcha Day beautiful Girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Gotcha day sweet and gorgeous Pricilla.

    We are so happy you found such a wonderfully loving forever home....that doesn't always happen with us senior kitties!!!!!!

    Bless your mommy and daddy.

    Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We're glad you were rescued into a forever home. It is something to celebrate. Happy Gotcha Day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look absolutely gorgeous, Pricilla! HAPY GOTCHA DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Got'cha Day beautiful gorgeous regal Pricilla. Seeing you makes me purr because in a few months I will be your age. YOu are so happy in your real forever family now with siblings to love and play with.

    Lots of love and show your mommy and daddy all of your love too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Gotcha Day, pretty Pricilla! I am so glad you found your real and true Forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A very HAPPY Gotcha day Pricilla. That looks like such a nice spread. We are so glad that you have found such a great home. You sure have improved a lot since you have been living there. Take care and hope it is a fun day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Gotcha Day Princess Pricilla. I'm glad your new home turned out to be so good. It's hard for grown cats to find good furever homes. *Gotcha day smoochies*

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Gotcha Day Miss Pricilla!
    We are all so glad that you have found your forever and ever home!

    purrin
    xoxox
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Gotcha Day, Pricilla! You are so beautiful! We loved your picture time-line. Bless your mom and dad for giving you a furever home. Thanks for the nip tea and scones, yum! Purrs-

    Pip, Smidgen, Minnie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy gotcha day, pretty Pricilla! I'm glad you're in your best home yet!

    P.S. I have a particular fondness for torties, no matter the tortitude! **blush**

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Gotcha Day Pricilla - so glad you have a wonderful home now.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Gotcha Day, gorgeous Pricilla!...We are so glad your sweet Mommy found you and brought you into such a loving home...We hope you get extra cuddles and treats on your special day, lovely girl...We are glad your Mommy is feeling better and we know you all are going to love those cool hammocks...Have a fun day, sweet friends...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki
    PS...Our Mommy has a new job and kept her old one part time, so her schedule is very busy now and we are visiting mostly on weekends and just whenever we get the chance during the week...xoxoxoxo...CHS

    ReplyDelete
  34. happy gotcha day pricilla, you gorgeous girl, you :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy gotcha day Pricilla! Does your mummy know why you were left at the shelter?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy Gotcha Day, Pricilla! You've got a great home, and a great family.

    PS I think it's cool that your mommy changed your name a little. It makes you you-nique!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Pretty Pricilla, Happy Gotcha Day, Belated!
    Our Mommy has been off work and attending to unimportant/non-Cat things! Norty Mommy.
    We hope you had a fantastic day with treats and love. It was fun learning more about your beginnings and we are glad you're in your True Home now!
    Mommy says she's one of the People who mispelled your name...Norty mommy, again!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy Belated Gotcha Day Pricilla!!
    From your TX furiends,

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy Belated Gotcha Day, Pricilla! Sorry I missed the pawtee! :(

    ReplyDelete
  40. We missed your Gotcha Day but we are so happy you got 'Gotcha'd' by such a loving family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting us! Purrrrr purrrrr

Related Posts with Thumbnails